
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.
~Irish Proverb~
Today was a restful day--in fact yesterday & today were both restful days. I've been fighting an infection, so I've been more tired & I am happy to say that I think the combination of laughter, sleep, & meds are doing the trick. I am hoping the next few days brings much more improvement.
I have been working on a geneology book with my great-Aunt Doris. Only a few more things to do & it will be completed. It should be done by Thursday. I am quite excited about this project. Aunt Doris has spent years doing geneological research, going through her mother's photos, & organizing them. She really did all the work. I just came along and put it all together digitally & am creating a book that will be given out to the family. It is fascinating to hear about your roots, to know where you came from, to see what ancestor you resemble. Aunt Doris has certainly passed her love for geneology on to me & this project has been a blast. I think the thing I was most excited about learning was that my great-grandfather's sister was a medical doctor--one of the first in the midwest. She attended medical school in Chicago & then came back to Des Moines to practice medicine. Not only did Aunt Doris have pictures of her, she also had one of her business cards. It has aged, but that makes it all the better. I plan on making a copy of it and framing for when I have a medical office of my own someday! There were many things that I was excited to learn, but I think that has to be at the top of the list!
Tomorrow I will hopefully feel well enough to venture out of the house a bit more. I hope to get some time with 3 of my guys--Cade (7), Zach (4), & Luke (2 1/2). It's been almost a week since I've been able to hang out with them since we brought their new puppy home from the Animal Rescue League. I am used to seeing them several times a week--so I'm looking forward to it. That is, if my body is up to it! "One day at a time..."
Hope everyone had a great Monday & that your New Year is off to a wonderful start!
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment