Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Just a little note to let you all know I still exist!
It has been a rough week or so to say the least.
Last Monday, I fell while moving some of my stuff to my car and wracked up my knee. After several hours in the ER and a late night discharge, they concluded I did not break anything but were worried I tore something in the knee, so they suggested Orthopedic follow-up. In the meantime, I had to move into my new apartment 5 days later, while on crutches. Thank goodness for family, as my dad, one of his friends and son and my grandma came down to help me get settled into my new apartment (WHICH I LOVE, by the way.) (I'll have pictures eventually). So, my grandma stayed with me a few days, but she had caught this nasty bronchitis from my Grandpa, lo and behold, I have caught it as well and am currently fighting it as is she. Tuesday I went to see the Orthopedic surgeon that S. Suzanne had recommended. He, too, believes I have torn my medial meniscus and has ordered an MRI that will be done tomorrow mid-morning. But, OF COURSE, I cannot see him tomorrow for results, I have to wait another week and then we'll discuss what we need to do. If it is indeed torn, I will have to have surgery--but I'm hoping, crossing my fingers, praying, and begging it isn't! Good news though, I'm off of crutches and just have to wear a brace, so now I walk with a limp--so that is quite a sight. SO--I wish I had more happy things to blog about, but as soon as all is well on this end I'll post some pictures of my new place and some happy happy things and that will be good. I truly do love my new place...what I love most is being able to say it is "mine" and decorating it so it feels like home and makes me smile.

Now I cannot wait to have company over...Abby came tonight to help me hang things since I'm not able--what a good friend she is! ;0) Stop by anytime, unless you're SLinda, then you have to give me 30 minutes notice to make my bed and pick up so I don't get a note telling me I failed inspection! ;0)

So...I keep thinking, life has got to slow down a bit, right? At least no more ailments for me, or my family, would be great. Lots of my family members are having health issues. When it rains it pours!!!!

Oh, by the way, my dad is having more surgery on October 22nd. They will be tightening a nerve and some muscles in his eyes and doing more ocular decompression on the floors of his eye sockets---please please say some prayers for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you have had fun lately I see! You need to take care of yourself! Go a little easier on yourself! It would be good for you to live to see 30! At this rate that's questionable! LOL

Glad you are okay. Hang in there and I hope your knee is surgery free!